Suffolk Coastal Escapes
Bookings are subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
• A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received, and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
• A 25% deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full, plus the £150 refundable damage deposit.
• The balance must be paid no later than four weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
• All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be returned. If you cancel more than 2 weeks before the holiday, then 50% of your deposit will be refunded. If you cancel less than 2 weeks before the arrival date, then the deposit is forfeited. If you cancel less than 1 week before the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
• We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
• Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
• No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed the capacity stated at time of booking and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
• Guests are permitted to have a maximum of two visitors during their stay, anymore than 2 must be approved in advance. Visitors are not permitted to stay overnight. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
• Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
• The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
• We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
• Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. Please note that housekeeping will arrive at 10am.
• Pets (without prior permission at designated properties), vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
• Pet Rules (applicable for Avocet, Sandpiper, Seagull Cottage and Curlew Cottage)
o Max of 1 pet allowed.
o Please keep pets out of the bedrooms and bathrooms
o Please do not allow pets onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds
o Please do not use towels or throws for pet use
o Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
o This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets will be at your expense.
• Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A security deposit of £150 will be taken as a pre-authorisation on your payment card two days before you arrive. This will automatically cancel 5 days after departure unless any deductions are required.
• Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
• Please do not move any furniture or furnishings from one room to another.
• Please remove shoes before entering the house.
• Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
• Please make sure you switch off lights, heating or any electrical appliances when you go out.
• Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach or swimming pool.
• The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
• Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
• The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
• The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building and grounds.
• No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
• The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
• All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
• Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
• Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am.
• We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
• Barbecue – please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
• Candles are not allowed inside the house.
• Check-out – To ensure a swift changeover for our next guests, please vacate the property by 10am. Bins should be emptied, used towels taken to the washing machine and beds stripped. Dirty dishes need to be cleaned and put away please do not leave the dishwasher on or full.
• Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
• We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
• This property is privately owned. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
We use Supercontrol to manage our online booking process. We have a written contract with Supercontrol to ensure that they will process your data on our behalf in compliance with all applicable Data Protection Laws.